Test Center Procedures and Regulations
Cell Phones and Other Devices
Cell phones, smartphones, and any other electronic, photographic, scanning, recording or listening devices are not permitted at the test center. If you bring such devices to the test center, you will be dismissed from the test, your test fees will be forfeited and your scores from all tests taken that day will be canceled. If you are seen ACCESSING such a device for ANY reason, in addition to the above conditions, the device will be confiscated and inspected. Test center staff are not permitted to collect or store devices.
Watches are not allowed in the test room. If you bring a watch to the test center, you will be asked to remove the watch and store it during the administration.
You should arrive at the test center 30 minutes prior to your appointment time to allow time for check-in. If you arrive late, you may not be admitted to the test, and your test fees will be forfeited.
On occasion, weather conditions or other circumstances beyond the test administrator's or ETS's control may require a delayed start or the rescheduling of your test appointment.
Test Center Procedures
When you arrive, an administrator or supervisor will check you in and assign your seat.
Plan to be at the test center up to an hour longer than the actual duration of your test (see Test Fees for test durations). This includes time for check-in, the collection of background information and the completion of tutorials.
The following rules are in place to protect the security of the testing process. They begin at sign-in and end at sign-out (including breaks):
- Complete and sign the confidentiality statement provided to you at the test center. If you do not, you cannot test and your fees will NOT be refunded.
- Sign the test center log before and after the test session and any time you leave or enter the testing room.
- Use only the scratch paper given to you by the test administrator. You may not bring your own scratch paper to the test or remove scratch paper from the testing room. (If you are taking a paper-delivered test as an accommodation for a disability, you may use the test book for scratch work. Scratch paper is not provided except for an approved accommodation.)
- Use graphing, scientific and four-function calculators only where allowed or required. For detailed information, see Calculator Use.
- Raise your hand if you have a problem with your computer or need the administrator's help at any time during the test.
- Use the allotted 30 minutes of practice time for the tutorial and other untimed sections prior to the test. This allows you to become familiar with the computer functions and will help make your computer-delivered testing experience go smoothly. You may not use scratch paper during this time.
- Be aware that test takers on the testing premises are subject to videotaping, photographing, thumb printing, signature comparison and other forms of electronic biometric ID comparison. ETS reserves the right to ensure the security of test content by using electronic detection scanning devices (e.g., hand-held metal detectors/wands). Failure to comply may result in dismissal from the test and forfeiture of your test fees.
- If you have health-related needs requiring you to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or extended breaks, you need to request accommodations in advance. Procedures for requesting accommodations are described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs.
Watch a video (Flash) to learn what to expect when you take a Praxis test
- Calculator Use
- Test Center Dismissals
- Canceling Your Scores
- Score Review
- Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities and Health-related Needs