Individuals Seeking Certification in Texas
- For initial teacher certification in Texas, see the Texas Education Agency (TEA) website.
- If you have taken one or more of the Praxis® Subject Assessments (formerly the Praxis II® tests) and are certified in a state other than Texas, you must have your credentials reviewed by the TEA. To have your credentials reviewed, see instructions on the TEA website. To send any required Praxis scores to the TEA for credential review, use score recipient code 8325.
- For details on additional routes to certification, see the TEA website.
For details on additional routes to certification, see the TEA website.
Entrance into an Educator Preparation Program in Texas
If you hold a bachelor's degree or are scheduled to receive a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and have not yet been admitted into an Educator Preparation Program (EPP) in Texas, you can register to take Pre-Admission Content Tests (PACT)* through the Praxis program for purposes of admission into the following types of EPPs:
- alternative certification programs
- university alternative certification programs
- university post-baccalaureate programs (without content courses)
For more detailed information on who is eligible to register for PACT, see the Texas Educator Certification Program website.
*PACT is not for use by out-of-state educators applying for certification in Texas. Out-of-state educators applying for certification in Texas must have their credentials reviewed by TEA. (See above.)
- The Texas Educator Certification Program
- About the Praxis Tests
- The Praxis Series® Information Bulletin
- Prepare for a Test
- Register for a Test
- Accommodations for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs