U.S. Virgin Islands Highly Qualified Status
To be highly qualified in the U.S. Virgin Islands, a new teacher must:
- Obtain full state certification as a teacher from the Virgin Islands Board of Education in their specific content area.
- Hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree.
- Receive a passing score on the applicable Praxis™ test.
Most tests are offered in both Session 1 and Session 2. Refer to the fees page for tests that are restricted to a particular session.
In general, unless it is specifically stated that a calculator is permitted or required for a particular test, calculators may not be used on any Praxis tests (see Calculator Use).
- In general, test codes that begin with "5" are delivered in computer format; codes that begin with "0" are delivered on paper.
- "CDT" refers to computer-delivered tests. "PDT" refers to paper-delivered tests.
|To Be Highly Qualified in||You Need to Take||CDT Code||PDT Code||Qualifying Score|
|Elementary Education||Elementary Education: Content Knowledge