U.S. Virgin Islands Highly Qualified Status
To be highly qualified in the U.S. Virgin Islands, a new teacher must:
- Obtain full state certification as a teacher from the Virgin Islands Board of Education in their specific content area.
- Hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree.
- Receive a passing score on the applicable Praxis™ test.
Find your licensure area below to determine which test you need to take and to see the minimum qualifying score. To learn more about a specific test, click the test title. Once you know your test(s), find out how to register for Praxis tests and read the Praxis test retake policy.
Most tests are offered in both Session 1 and Session 2. Refer to the fees page for tests that are restricted to a particular session.
In general, unless it is specifically stated that a calculator is permitted or required for a particular test, calculators may not be used on any Praxis tests (see Calculator Use).
- In general, test codes that begin with "5" are delivered in computer format; codes that begin with "0" are delivered on paper.
- "CDT" refers to computer-delivered tests. "PDT" refers to paper-delivered tests.
|To Be Highly Qualified in||You Need to Take||CDT Code||PDT Code||Qualifying Score|
|Elementary Education||Elementary Education: Content Knowledge