The ProEthica® program is an online and self-paced training program with versions for both teachers and school leaders. It is composed of a series of interactive modules with real-life scenarios related to educator relationships with students, the school and the community. The ProEthica program is aligned to the Model Code of Ethics for Educators (MCEE), which serves to guide educators through their most difficult ethical challenges.
The ProEthica program provides educators with the opportunity to experience real-life situations, make choices, and think though the possible consequences of their choices. This program, housed in a learning management system, provides:
- a series of engaging learning modules with videos, simulations, and activities based on real life scenarios
- convenient online access for individual exploration
- a learning progression with built-in checks
The individualized learning format of the ProEthica program puts educators in the driver’s seat, and allows them to work at their own pace while they decide how they would handle each scenario. They receive detailed feedback on the choices they make, and how the MCEE might guide them in similar situations.
In the ProEthica program for Teachers, educators will learn:
- how to better balance the often competing obligations and expectations in relationships with students, the school and the community
- general obligations under the law, relevant regulations and best practices
- the principles embodied in the MCEE
In the ProEthica program for School Leaders, leaders will learn:
- how you can establish and support a culture of professionalism in education — in relationships with students, the schools and the community
- ethical understanding to guide decision making
- the specific regulations and expectations for school leaders
Both the ProEthica program for Teachers and the ProEthica program for School Leaders are available at two levels:
- ProEthica® Foundations: an introduction to the application of professional ethics to decision making
- ProEthica® Essentials: a more advanced exploration of ethical challenges and how educators can apply the principles of the MCEE in their daily practice
See how the ProEthica program has made a positive impact on the profession in teacher induction programs, for teachers and mentors in school districts and in Educator Preparation programs.
Troy Hutchings explains the importance of professional ethics as a standard of practice in education. Read these articles recently published by RealClearEducation.com.
ProEthica Enrollment Management System (PEMS)
Learn How to Use the ProEthica Enrollment Management System
Request a complimentary training session by emailing your name, institution and email to email@example.com.