A Different Approach to Educator Ethics
Where many other ethics education or development programs focus narrowly on rules and how they apply, the ProEthica® program digs deeper, inviting each user to examine the process that leads an educator down a path toward risk. Research shows that misconduct is a process, not an event. By examining the risks and vulnerabilities inherent in the profession, the ProEthica program helps highlight how to identify and mitigate those risks.
Offering many more advantages than other ethics programs, the ProEthica program:
- helps you take a proactive role to build a professional network of support to cultivate an ethical school culture
- is built around content based on real-life situations relevant to educators and staff
- is aligned to the Model Code of Ethics for Educators (MCEE) — the first national code of ethics designed specifically for the education profession
- is developed specifically for teachers and school leaders
- is built on content that is vetted through a representative group of practicing educators and state standards board members
- incorporates ETS's expertise in research, assessment development and measurement
Get More from Your Ethics Training Program
The ProEthica program provides educators with:
- opportunities to engage in difficult but crucial conversations that can help them protect the health, safety and well-being of their students, school and communities
- practice thinking through decisions in order to achieve better outcomes
- an understanding of professional ethics and the risk inherent in the teaching profession
The ProEthica program offers your state, jurisdiction, educator preparation programs (EPP) or school district:
- data you can use and evidence (approved source of evidence for CAEP Standard 3, Component 3.6 criteria) that your educators demonstrated familiarity with and knowledge of the foundational principles underlying the MCEE, and the principles of ethical decision making
- an affordable and convenient solution that won't overburden your educators
- a safe environment for educators to encounter and work through ethical dilemmas and practice their decision-making skills before beginning practice in their first classroom or school
Fill out a form to request a free demonstration of the ProEthica program.
See how the ProEthica program has made a positive impact on the profession in teacher induction programs, for teachers and mentors in school districts and in Educator Preparation programs.
Watch a panel of education professionals discuss the complexities of educator ethics and the need for a framework to better equip teachers with the tools they need to clarify their roles with students and avoid risk. (1 hr.)
Hear how the Model Code of Ethics for Educators is paving the way for resources that will support educators in developing their ethical decision-making skills. (3 min., 25 sec.)