Procedures to Administer the ETS® Proficiency Profile
Refer to the materials listed below as you prepare to administer the ETS® Proficiency Profile.
- ETS Proficiency Profile User's Guide — provides detailed information about the design of the ETS Proficiency Profile forms and various testing formats and guidelines for score data use.
- Administrator Manual — provides instructions for administrator roles for the online test format
- Proctor Manual — provides step-by-step instructions for conducting online test administrations
- Supervisor's Manual — provides step-by-step instructions for paper-and-pencil test administrations
- Processing Request Form — must be included with completed tests when returning them to ETS for scoring
- Supervisor's Report Form — is used to report procedural irregularities during testing
Students with Disabilities
Make arrangements for administering the ETS Proficiency Profile to students with disabilities in the same way you would make arrangements for administering other important local tests. The most common request is for extra time and that can be accomplished at the discretion of the institution.
For students who have difficulty filling in the bubbles on answer sheets, we suggest that students circle their answers in the test book. After the testing session, the test administrator would need to transfer the answers to an answer sheet for processing by ETS. The student’s test book should be attached to the answer sheet.
The ETS Proficiency Profile online system does not offer font accommodations such as different colored text and backgrounds or enlarged font sizes, which are considered most helpful to sight-impaired students. However, as mentioned above, time extensions are available for 1-1/2 and 2 times the normal test time. Details are outlined in the ETS Proficiency Profile Proctor Manual.
As an alternative, you can also request the ETS Proficiency Profile in Braille or large print. Requests for tests with large print must be made six weeks in advance. Requests for Braille, scripts or audio-cassette formats must be made three months in advance.
Existing ETS Proficiency Profile customers may access the test administration system directly.
For more information about how the ETS Proficiency Profile can help your institution, contact an ETS Advisor.