Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
Individuals who have recently earned their doctoral degrees are invited to apply for a unique fellowship experience which combines working on cutting-edge ETS research projects and conducting independent research that is relevant to ETS’s goals. The fellowship is carried out in the ETS offices in Princeton, N.J. This year we are seeking applications in the following areas of expertise:
- science cognition
- teacher evaluation
- K–12 language arts, math and science
- formative assessment and learning in English language learning assessment
- Provide research opportunities to individuals who hold a doctorate in the fields indicated above.
- Increase the number of professionals from diverse backgrounds — especially traditionally underrepresented groups such as African Americans, Hispanic/Latino Americans, and American Indians — conducting research in educational assessment and related fields.
- January 1, 2015 — deadline for preliminary application
- March 1, 2015 — deadline for final application materials
Duration of Program
The fellowship is for a period of up to two years, renewable after the first year by mutual agreement.
- Salary is competitive. See frequently asked questions for salary information.
- $5,000 one-time relocation incentive for round-trip relocation expenses.
- Employee benefits, vacation, holidays and other paid leave in accordance with ETS policies
- Doctorate in a relevant discipline within the past three years
- Evidence of prior research
Selection is based on a candidate's scholarship, alignment of skills and interests to ETS goals and priorities, and the objective and technical strength of the proposed independent research topic. ETS affirmative action objectives are considered.
Complete the electronic preliminary application form.
On the application form:
- Indicate your research area of interest.
- Enter your statement of interest.
- Enter an abstract about the independent research you propose to conduct while at ETS.
- Attach a copy of your curriculum vitae.
- Attach a copy of your graduate transcripts (student copy is acceptable).
If your preliminary application is approved, you will be invited to submit the following materials:
- a detailed proposal (approximately five double-spaced pages) describing the research that will be carried out at ETS and how it relates to current ETS research
- samples of published research
- names and email addresses of three individuals who are familiar with your work and who are willing to complete a recommendation form that will be sent to them electronically
All application materials should be submitted electronically as attachments (preferably as PDF files) via email.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, contact us via email or call 1-609-734-5543.