ETS Research offers programs for scholars who are enrolled in a doctoral program in the field of educational research, assessment and related fields, and who are interested in research opportunities. Areas of emphasis include the following:
- natural language processing and computational linguistics
- cognitive and developmental psychology
- learning sciences
- linguistics, second language learning and teaching English as a foreign language
- speech recognition and processing
- teaching and classroom research
- educational data mining
- international large-scale assessments
Interns conduct research under the guidance of an ETS mentor in Princeton, N.J. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a full-time doctoral program and have completed a minimum of two years of coursework toward their Ph.D. or Ed.D.
Fellows study at their universities during the academic year and conduct a research project under the supervision of an academic mentor and in consultation with an ETS researcher or psychometrician. Selected fellows are invited to participate in the ETS Summer Internship Program. Applicants must be enrolled in a doctoral program, have completed all required coursework, and be working on a dissertation related to statistics, psychometrics, educational measurement or quantitative methods.