Equipment and Environment Requirements
Confirm these requirements for your computer and testing room before registering.
ETSStart Your Registration with
Log in, select the Special Home Edition option and pay for your test.
Complete Your Registration with ProctorU
From the email link, select a test date and time, and complete your registration.
What to Expect on Test Day
Learn what is expected of you and what you should expect when taking the test.
After the Test
Receive your scores and learn about retesting if needed.
After the Test
Most post-test procedures for the TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition are the same as for tests taken at a test center.
- Electronic Score Reporting: You'll receive your scores in your ETS account 6–10 days after your test.
- Paper Score Reporting: Due to mandatory business restrictions related to COVID-19, paper score report delivery may be delayed. Most paper score reports are being sent from ETS 1 to 2 weeks after the test date.
- Your scores will be sent to any institutions that you selected during registration.
- You can order additional score reports from your ETS account.
- You can register for another TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition appointment, following the same procedures listed on this website.
- You can register for a TOEFL iBT test at a test center, as available dates permit, in your ETS account.
- For either test, you cannot test more than once within a 3-day period.