Equipment and Environment Checklist
Confirm these requirements for your computer and testing room before registering.
ETSStart Your Registration with
Log in, select the Special Home Edition option and pay for your test.
Complete Your Registration with ProctorU
From the email link, select a test date and time, and complete your registration.
The Testing Experience
Learn what is expected of you and what you should expect when taking the test.
After the Test
Receive your scores and learn about retesting if needed.
Complete Your Registration with ProctorU®
Please note: If you already have a ProctorU account from another test, you will need to have a new account for the TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition test.
Link to Your ProctorU Account
To select your test date and time:
- Use the link and temporary password from the ProctorU email to access your new ProctorU account.
- Select Schedule next to your purchased exam.
- Choose the date and time you'd like to take the exam and click Select, then Schedule.
- When complete, you will receive a confirmation message on screen and via email.
For a demonstration, watch the Schedule a ProctorU Session video.
Rescheduling an At Home Appointment
If you need to reschedule a TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition test:
- Log in to your ProctorU account and select the Reschedule button for your at home test. You can reschedule your test any time prior to your appointment date and time.
- You can utilize the ProctorU Live Chat option within your account or call ProctorU at +1-855-772-8678. Support is available 24/7.
- You may also contact ProctorU via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canceling a Special Home Edition Test
If you need to cancel a TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition test:
- Contact TOEFL® Services via Live Chat; support is available 24/7. Or contact us by phone at +1-609-771-7100 or +1-877-863-3546.
- You must cancel at least 4 days in advance of your test date to receive a partial refund, which is the standard TOEFL iBT cancellation policy.
Learn about the Testing Experience.