The TOEFL® and GRE® tests — a winning combination.
ETS knows that you want a successful and diverse candidate pool. The TOEFL® and GRE® tests can help your institution find more highly qualified, highly diverse candidates with the proven skills needed to succeed in your graduate and business school programmes. The TOEFL and GRE tests offer more applicants, making it even easier for your recruiting efforts.
Hundreds of thousands of prospective applicants from over 180 countries take the TOEFL and GRE tests to apply to programmes just like yours. In fact, in 2011, more people took the GRE revised General Test than any other graduate-level admissions test, with more than 700,000 tests taken globally. The TOEFL test continues to be the most popular English-language assessment with over 27 million+ test takers to date. These people have taken a decisive step toward advancing their education.
For more than 60 years, the graduate and business school community has trusted TOEFL and GRE scores as a proven measure of an applicant's English-language skills and readiness for graduate-level work — and of their potential for success. In 2011, the GRE revised General Test was introduced making the most trusted assessment of graduate-level skills even better. The GRE revised General Test:
- includes test content that is now even more closely aligned with the verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills needed to succeed in today's graduate and business school programmes
- features new score scales that provide more simplicity in distinguishing performance differences between candidates
- delivers a more test-taker friendly design for an enhanced test experience
The TOEFL test continues to be the most trusted English-language assessment because it is:
- a true measure of how well a student can integrate the four English skills needed to succeed
- the most fair, unbiased and accurate representation of students' skills
- most widely available test centres — 4,500 testing centres in more than 165 countries worldwide
To further support your programmes, ETS offers TOEFL and GRE score users many value-added services including the TOEFL® Search Service and the GRE® Search Service, both designed to help you find the right potential applicants. Powered by Hobsons®, the TOEFL Search Service and the GRE Search Service provide current and targeted mailing lists of prospective students to support your recruitment efforts. By becoming a TOEFL or GRE Search Service user, you will be able to search our databases of more than 200,000 TOEFL test takers using up to 26 criteria or nearly 600,000 GRE test takers using up to 30 criteria. You can also purchase names online anytime, easily use the data in your recruitment and outreach efforts because the formats are compatible with most campus management systems and schedule recurring orders to save time and deliver the most up-to-date student prospects.
Using the TOEFL and GRE tests can help you make the best admissions decisions for your graduate or business school programmes because you'll get more highly diverse, highly qualified applicants. To become an official score user:
- Join the thousands of institutions that use GRE scores
- Join the 8,500+ TOEFL destinations using TOEFL scores
Join today and gain access to a world of new students.
ETS — Listening. Learning. Leading.®
Copyright © 2012 by Educational Testing Service. All rights reserved. ETS, the ETS logo, LISTENING. LEARNING. LEADING., GRE, TOEFL and TOEFL IBT are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service (ETS) in the United States and other countries. TOEFL JUNIOR is a trademark of ETS. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. 20021ETS | Rosedale Road | Princeton, NJ 08541