Test Takers with Disabilities and Health-related Needs
Testing accommodations are available for test takers who meet the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) disability requirements.
The following accommodations are available for SSA and SLLA test takers:
- extended testing time
- additional rest breaks
- writer/recorder of answers
- test reader
- sign language interpreter for spoken directions only
- Perkins Brailler
- Braille slate and stylus
- printed copy of spoken directions
- oral interpreter
- audio test
- Braille test
- large-print test book (16 pt.)
- large-print answer sheet
- listening section omitted
See Resources for Test Takers with Disabilities for additional information.
How to Register
If you are requesting accommodations for a disability, you must register by mail. You may create a My SLS account to view scores online and order additional score reports. Follow the steps below to register:
- Review the School Leadership Series Information Bulletin for testing procedures and dates. Text-only version
- To register for a paper-delivered test, complete the SLS Registration Form.
- To register for a computer-delivered test, complete the Computer-Delivered Test Authorization Voucher Request Form.
- Review the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs, complete the required forms and assemble the required eligibility documentation. Text-only version.
- Submit all forms, documentation and registration fees at least six weeks before the registration deadline.
- Wait for your confirmation letter, which will include important scheduling information. Please allow six weeks for your request to be processed.
If You Have Questions
Contact ETS Disability Services
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Eastern Time
- 1-866-387-8602 (Toll free for test takers in the United States, U.S. Territories* and Canada)
- ETS–Disability Services
- PO Box 6054
- Princeton, NJ 08541-6054 USA
*American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands
SLS State Testing Requirements
Sign in to Your SLS Account
Register online, print admission tickets or view/order score reports.
Note: If you are currently signed in to your Praxis™ account, please sign out before signing in to your SLS account.