How to Register
The fastest and most convenient way to register for the School Leadership Series tests is online.
Note: Test takers who are requesting fee waivers or testing accommodations must register by mail and submit the required documentation. For more information, please see Testing Accommodations.
- Register online, anytime! Access your scores. Update personal information, reschedule or cancel tests and get scores via your online account.
- Pay with debit or credit card (American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®), echeck or PayPal®.
- You will need a valid email address, mailing address and phone number to register online. Order confirmations and test admission tickets will be sent to your email address.
- You must know which tests you will need to take before you register. Check the SLS State Requirements section to learn which tests are required for licensure in your state.
Register by Mail
For Paper-delivered Tests
For Computer-delivered Tests
- Download and complete the SLS Computer-delivered Test Authorization Voucher Request Form and mail with payment to the address listed on the form. Allow three weeks for processing.
- Once your request is approved, you will receive a voucher number and instructions on how to register.
- Print your admission ticket and bring it with you to the test center.
Register by Phone
If you have previously created an SLS account online, you may register by phone. Please note, there is an additional $35 fee for this service. To register by phone, call:
- 1-800-772-9476 (United States, U.S. Territories and Canada)
- 1-609-771-7395 (all other locations)
Important Notes: ALL test takers, regardless of registration method, will access their score reports online. Test takers may also print admission tickets (except test takers requesting special accommodations), change personal information, change test center or test date, cancel a test registration and order additional score reports online.
- Review The School Leadership Series Information Bulletin concerning test administration, fee payment and score reporting before you register.
- Paper-delivered tests are offered on fixed dates throughout the testing year. See test dates to learn when the paper-delivered tests will be administered and get information on registration deadlines and score reporting dates. Computer-delivered tests are offered during specific testing windows during the year and are scheduled by appointment based on availability. You must register at least three days prior to your test date.
- Occasionally, a test center's street address or reporting location may be changed just prior to the test date. To obtain the most recent and accurate reporting address information, sign in to your account three days prior to the test to verify the test center's reporting location and reprint your admission ticket. Do not wait until the morning of the test to print your ticket.
- Need testing accommodations? (Please note, online registration is not available for test takers requesting accommodations because of the review process required to grant accommodations.) See:
- Test Retake Policy
- Computer-delivered Tests
Tests that are offered continuously may be taken once every 30 days, not including your initial test date. Tests that are offered during testing windows may be taken once per testing window. This applies even if you canceled your scores on a test taken previously. If you violate this restriction, the scores from your retest will not be reported and your test fees will not be refunded.
- Paper-delivered Tests
ETS does not limit the number of times you can retake a paper-delivered test; however, some states, associations, and institutions may limit the number of times you can retest. Contact your state or licensing agency to confirm their retest policy.
- Computer-delivered Tests
- Registration by Phone
- Monday Testing
- Testing Outside the United States
- Test Takers with Disabilities and Health-related Needs
- Test Takers Whose Primary Language Is Not English
SLS State Testing Requirements
Sign in to Your SLS Account
Register online, print admission tickets or view/order score reports.
Note: If you are currently signed in to your Praxis™ account, please sign out before signing in to your SLS account.