- Your admission ticket and photo ID, acceptable and valid identification. Your admission ticket is important because it contains the test center address and reporting time on test day. While you are not required to present it at the test center, test center personnel may ask you for it
- You do NOT need to bring your own pencils or erasers. They will be supplied by the test center.
No Personal Items
Please note the following restrictions on bringing personal items to the test center.
- To ensure unauthorized aids are not brought into the testing room, additional visual inspections of clothing, footwear and ID documents may also be conducted. You may also be required to remove your eyeglasses for close visual inspection. These inspections will be done at check-in and upon return from breaks. Unless an inspection is required for use or possession of an unauthorized aid during the test session, removal of footwear is prohibited in the testing room.
- Possession of or use of any phones, tablets, wearable technology, and other electronic, recording, listening, scanning or photographic devices is strictly prohibited in the test center at all times and will result in your dismissal from the test, forfeiture of your test fees, and cancellation of scores by ETS even if dismissal is not enforced on the day of the test. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing the device for any reason, including checking the time, making calls, checking for messages or any other reason at any time during the test administration, including scheduled, optional or unscheduled breaks.
- Jewelry is prohibited, except for wedding and engagement rings. Do not wear other jewelry to the test center.
- Test-related information written on ID documents, one's footwear or clothing, or on any part of the body is prohibited.
- You are required to remain at the test center. If you need to leave the test center for any reason — for example to use the restroom — you need to get permission from the test administrator to do so. If you leave the test center without permission, you may be dismissed or your scores may be canceled.
- Clothing and other personal items that include, but are not limited to, hair accessories, neckties, bowties, hats, scarves, jackets and outerwear are subject to inspection by the test center administrator. Refrain from wearing such items as tie clips, cuff links, ornate clips, combs, barrettes, headbands and other hair accessories on test day, as you may be prohibited from wearing them in the testing room.
- Before the test, you will receive instructions from test center staff regarding where to store personal items. You will also be asked to empty your pockets, pull up your sleeves, and raise your slacks/pant legs above your ankles for visual inspection. You will not have access to your personal items during the test administration except for food, beverages and medication, which may be accessed during a break.
- If you fail to follow the instructions of the test center staff, you will not be permitted to test and your test fee will not be refunded. Any violation of these procedures during the test or during breaks may result in dismissal from the test center and/or cancellation of your test scores.
- Test centers and ETS assume no responsibility for personal items including watches, jewelry or devices that you choose to bring to the test center.
- If you have health-related needs requiring you to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or extended breaks, you need to request accommodations in advance. Procedures for requesting accommodations are described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs.
SLS State Testing Requirements
Sign in to Your SLS Account
Register online, print admission tickets or view/order score reports.
Note: If you are currently signed in to your Praxis® account, please sign out before signing in to your SLS account.