Educational Testing Service
Chauncey Conference Center
660 Rosedale Road, Princeton, NJ
March 16–18, 2011
This March 2011 conference was designed to present and discuss multidisciplinary issues related to the use and implementation of international large-scale assessments. It was geared toward funders, policymakers, managers and technical staff of international large-scale assessment programs.
The conference covered the following topics:
- Large-scale assessments as change agents
- Technologies in large-scale assessments
- The role of assessing cognitive skills in international growth and development
- The utility and need for assessing noncognitive skills in large-scale assessments
- The contributions of international large-scale studies in civic engagement and citizenship
- The role of large-scale assessments in research on educational effectiveness and school development
Following the conference, speakers submitted their papers and presentations for publication in an eight-chapter book titled The Role of International Large-Scale Assessments: Perspectives from Technology, Economy, and Educational Research. The volume presents insight into the critical role of large-scale international assessments as change agents in the development of human capital. Learn more about the book on the publisher’s website.
In addition, videos of the presentations are available on our Presentations and Videos page.