Scholarship programs offer labor unions a unique opportunity to provide a valuable member benefit. They enhance a union's image. They position organized labor as strong supporters of education.
Labor Union Checklist
- Program design and application development
- Identification of targeted population
- Distribution and control of program materials
- Specialized algorithm to identify top candidates
- Review by experienced professionals
- Notification and award disbursement
- Academic progress monitoring
ETS's Scholarship & Recognition Programs (SRP) provide a wide variety of program design, administration, and evaluation services to labor unions throughout the United States. Our expertise enables us to work closely with labor leaders to develop and execute programs for the children of members, or to encourage technical and occupational training for young men and women who could be potential union members.
SRP offers several advantages for unions considering a scholarship program or seeking to enhance or revive an existing scholarship program. We have several years of experience administering union scholarship programs.
Our approach includes:
- meeting with leadership to identify goals and objectives
- agreeing on program goals, expectations, milestones and metrics
- developing a detailed program concept description for your review
- designing program elements and guidelines aligned with your objectives
A Turnkey Solution
SRP provides a full range of scholarship services. Some organizations retain SRP to provide a single service they find too time consuming or costly for internal resources. Some ask for help with a single program component to improve quality or enhance credibility. Many turn over their entire program to us. They focus on business priorities while SRP experts administer the scholarship program.