About the SuccessNavigator™ Assessment
College administrators face daunting challenges in retaining students and ensuring that they graduate. Nationally, only 56 percent of students who start four-year degrees graduate within six years and only 29 percent of those who start two-year degrees graduate within three years.*
We know that success in college takes more than academic skills, and standard admissions and placement tests don't reveal incoming students' strengths and vulnerabilities or whether they are motivated to persevere and succeed. That's why ETS created the SuccessNavigator™ assessment.
Improve your students' retention and graduation rates
Based on extensive research, this 30-minute, nonproctored online tool helps colleges reach at-risk students and improve first-year retention rates by measuring four critical factors that most directly influence student success:
- Academic Skills — behaviors, beliefs and skills that directly facilitate academic success
- Commitment — commitment to, drive toward and perceived importance of academic success
- Self-Management — ability to anticipate and respond to pressure and stress related to college life
- Social Support — availability of resources to support academic success
Test takers also provide demographic and life-event information that you may not already capture.
When used in combination with traditional placement tests, the SuccessNavigator assessment gives you a holistic view of each student that will help you target intervention and remediation efforts and accelerate placement into credit-bearing courses.
See How the Assessment Works for more details on the skills measured.
Customized comprehensive score reports with a detailed action plan
A comprehensive score report and tailored action plan is instantly generated for each student that provides easy-to-understand feedback including:
- Academic Success Index — student's projected GPA range in their first year
- Retention Success Index — student's probability of returning in the following year
- Course Acceleration Recommendation — recommendations for Math and English acceleration for students at the upper end of cut score bands
- General Skill and Subskill Scores — individual scores for the four general skills and 10 subskills
- Recommended Next Steps — customized to each student's needs with specific action the student should take to ensure they persist to graduation
Aggregate reports for classes or cohorts can also be created to aid in institutional planning and resource allocation.
Learn more about Scores and Reports.
A cost-effective way to improve retention
At a special introductory price of $5 per test, the SuccessNavigator assessment is a cost-effective way for colleges to improve their first-year retention rates and directly reach students whose personal challenges go unreported in standardized academic tests. The assessment can be administered off campus prior to the start of classes or during incoming student orientation, placement testing or first-year experience courses.
To learn more about using the SuccessNavigator assessment at your institution, call 1-800-745-0269 or contact an ETS Advisor.
* Source: Pathways to Prosperity: Meeting the Challenge of Preparing Young Americans for the 21st Century, Pathways to Prosperity Project, Harvard Graduate School of Education, February 2011.
New Customers: Up to 20 FREE Assessments
Administer up to 20 FREE assessments with this special, one-time introductory offer. Sign up for the new customer offer now.
Community Colleges: Save 20%
To take advantage of this special community college promotion, sign upfor the Community Colleges offer now.
Sponsored by ETS and hosted by The Chronicle of Higher Education, this webinar examines how institution-wide commitment can ensure students enter and pass critical gateway courses.