The SuccessNavigator® Resource Library
The SuccessNavigator® Resource Library contains activities and tools to help advisors guide students in each of the four critical areas that are most likely to influence student success. Activities and tools for each of the ten related subskills are available as well. These resources are tailored depending on whether the student scored low, medium or high for each domain. Below are examples of the resources available in each of the four critical areas.
Academic Skills Resources
The SuccessNavigator Academic Skills Resources include activities that can support students who are searching for tools to help them with planning, organization, time management and study skills. It contains tools that address the subskills of Meeting Class Expectations and Organization. These activities are appropriate for students who may:
- feel overwhelmed and underprepared for the many demands college student life can present
- be unsure of how to balance their academic and personal lives
- need some assistance in estimating how long assignments will take or the best approach to begin a task
The SuccessNavigator Commitment Resources include activities that can support students who are feeling uncertain in their college path or are unsure how their current trajectories relate to their career or personal goals. It contains tools that address the subskills of Commitment to College Goals and Institutional Commitment for students who may:
- be unconvinced that they have made the right decisions in pursuing a college career, or may not see the connection between education and the job market
- have trouble setting realistic goals, and become frustrated when these goals are not reached
The SuccessNavigator Self-Management Resources include activities that can support students who are experiencing stress or anxiety related to college. It contains tools that address the subskills of Sensitivity to Stress, Test Anxiety and Academic Self-Efficacy for students who may:
- not know how to handle the stress that accompanies college life or may feel unsure of how to prepare for tests and deal with the anxiety felt during test time
- need some guidance in making decisions or appreciate some advice on how to cope with the demands of college
Social Support Resources
The SuccessNavigator Social Support Resources include activities that can support students who are experiencing barriers to success in college, whether they are external, such as financial barriers, or internal, such as a sense of inadequate personal skills. It contains tools that address the subskills of Institutional Support, Barriers to Success and Connectedness for students who may:
- not know what resources are available to them on campus, or may feel unsupported by their friends and family
- feel insecure asking for help, not realizing that what they are feeling is typical of many college students
- have trouble balancing the many roles they play as college students, or may not feel confident working in teams or communicating effectively
Improve Student Success
See an overview of the SuccessNavigator assessment and how it has helped institutions improve retention and completion rates.
View Our Webinars
Complimentary Diverse® Webinar
Register now for a webinar on November 5 to learn how to drive student success at minority-serving institutions.