About the TOEFL® Test
Test takers can prove they are ready for academic success with the TOEFL® test — the most widely accepted English-language assessment test in the world. TOEFL test scores are accepted by 8,500+ colleges and universities in 130 countries.
Using the latest technology, the TOEFL iBT® test is administered via the Internet in a format that fully integrates all four language skills measured: listening, reading, speaking and writing. With unmatched scoring procedures and security measures, the TOEFL test is the industry standard in English-language assessment.
TOEFL Test Features
- highly reliable measure of English-language proficiency
- based on more than 40 years of world-class, scholarly research
- has the most objective scoring methods
- built to the highest psychometric standards
TOEFL Family of Products
Guide students on the path to academic success with the TOEFL Family of Products. These targeted resources include official TOEFL test preparation materials and other products to help teachers develop an effective curriculum.
Learn more about the TOEFL test:
- Test Content
- Research and Design
- Test Security
- Get Bulletin
- Test Centers and Dates
- TOEFL Resources
- Download Library
Among admissions officers recently surveyed, and who expressed a preference*, four out of five prefer the TOEFL test.
Learn more >
* Source: Survey of 263 admissions officers at U.S. universities, of which 212 accept both the TOEFL test and the IELTS™ test and 152 state a preference.