TOEFL® Outstanding Young Scholar Award
To recognize an individual under the age of 40 whose scholarship or other major professional activities have made an outstanding contribution to the field of foreign or second language assessment.
- $2,000 (payable in U.S. dollars only)
- A commemorative plaque to be presented at an appropriate conference
Any scholar working in the area of second or foreign language assessment who is under 40 years of age at the time of the nomination deadline is eligible.
- February 15 — Deadline for submissions
- April 30 — Award recipients are notified
Nominations must include the following:
- a letter of nomination describing the contributions of the nominee to the field of second or foreign language assessment
- a letter of recommendation by someone other than the nominator who is familiar with the nominee's work and is affiliated with an institution other than that of the nominator
- current curriculum vitae for the nominee
- documentation of the nominee's age
- examples of the nominee's work (e.g., an article from a scholarly journal, an original test, computer-based instructional materials) that provide a basis for evaluating the claim to distinction
- a completed application form. The application form is a form-fillable PDF. Save a copy of the form to your computer, fill in the fields, and submit electronically to TOEFL_awards@ets.org.
Criteria for selection:
- Consideration of an outstanding contribution to the field of foreign or second language assessment
- Age of nominee (under 40 years old at the time of the nomination deadline)
Where to Send Your Application or Request Further Information
TOEFL Grants and Awards Program
Attn: Terry Axe, MS 50-L
Princeton, NJ 08541 U.S.A.
Electronic applications are encouraged.