TOEFL® Award for International Participation at TESOL
Formerly known as TOEFL® Board Awards for International Participation at TESOL
To increase international participation at the annual International TESOL Convention and to provide support for first-time presenters.
Up to four grants may be awarded. Each recipient is awarded $2,500 to attend and present at TESOL.
TESOL members who:
- are from a country outside the United States and Canada
- will be first-time presenters at the annual International TESOL Convention
- have had a proposal accepted for presentation at the Convention
Note: TESOL members who currently live in the United States or Canada are not eligible.
The application deadline is the same as the TESOL convention's Call for Participation. You also can visit www.tesol.org for more information.
- Submit your proposal through the TESOL Call for Participation.
- Using the box provided on the TESOL proposal form, indicate your status as a first-time presenter.
A TESOL Committee will review proposal submissions that meet the criteria to select the recipients.
- Significance of the topic as it relates to the field of second language acquisition or English as a Second Language/English as a Foreign Language (ESL/EFL) teaching
- Contribution of the proposed presentation to the field of teaching ESL/EFL
- Originality/creativity in concept
- Relevance to and broad impact upon the field
Preference is given to applicants working in ESL/EFL from countries historically underrepresented at the TESOL International Convention.