TOEFL iBT® Test Fees
Below are details on our fees and payment policies:
|Registration||Fees vary by country.|
|Reinstatement of canceled scores||US$20|
|Additional score reports (per institution or agency)||US$19 each|
|Speaking or Writing Section score review||US$80|
|Speaking and Writing Section score review||US$160|
|Returned personal check (paper or electronic)||US$20|
Fees are subject to change without notice. The above amounts are exclusive of the Value Added or similar taxes. Those taxes are payable in addition to the amount quoted.
Please make sure all payments for tests and services:
- are paid in full at the time the service is requested
- have the correct numeric and written dollar amount
- have appropriate signature(s)
Any outstanding balances from prior ETS tests or services must be paid in full before you register. Services or test scores may be withheld for non-payment.
If you do not submit the correct fee, your registration form or request for service will be returned.
Payment methods are subject to change without notice.
Forms of Payment
Accepted forms of payment and currencies are subject to change without notice.
Credit/debit card — American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®. Note: American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard and e-checks are NOT accepted for the following locations: Benin, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Togo. Only VISA cards are accepted for those locations.
Note: When you select credit/debit card as your payment method, you have the option to pay in select local currencies instead of U.S. dollars. You can change your selection at any time before your click "Submit" to process your payment. The system will display available local currencies and the credit card types supported for each.
- Electronic checks (e-checks) — drawn on a bank in the United States or its territories, in U.S. dollars only. E-checks can be used to register online or by phone.
- PayPal® account — payment can be made via PayPal.
- Paper check — the following types of checks are accepted:
- personal paper checks or money orders in U.S. dollars must be drawn on a bank in the United States and made payable to ETS-TOEFL iBT
- Euro checks drawn on a bank in a European country where EURO is the standard currency
- checks in Canadian dollars drawn on a bank in Canada
Forms of Payment Not Accepted
- cash or demand drafts
- post-dated checks
- receipts for bank checks
- UNESCO coupons
Instructions for Paying by Electronic Check (e-check)
- Please provide the following information from the bottom of your paper check:
- bank account number
- bank (or American Banking Association) routing and transit number
- Your bank account may be debited the same day we receive your request.
- You will not receive a canceled check.
- When you pay with an e-check, you authorize ETS to make a one-time deduction from your checking or savings account.
Instructions for Paying by Paper Check
- The following information must be preprinted on the check:
- bank name
- bank address
- check or money order number
- payer's name and address
- typewritten payer name and address in place of signature is not acceptable
- Post-dated checks are not accepted.
- Check dates cannot be more than 90 days old when received by ETS.
- Euro checks must be drawn on a bank in the same country as the person writing the check. For example, a Euro check written by a person living in Germany must be drawn on a bank in Germany.
- A service fee of US$20 will be charged for insufficient funds.
Currencies Accepted for Paper Checks (all others will be returned)
- U.S. Dollar
- British Pound
- Canadian Dollar
- Japanese Yen
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Australia Dollar
- Denmark Krone
- New Zealand Dollar
- Singapore Dollar
- Norway Krone
- Sweden Krona
If you are taking the test in Korea, see the specific refund policy for test takers in Korea.
To receive a refund, you need to cancel your registration by the deadline (four full days before your test date). For example, if your test is on Saturday, you must cancel by Tuesday.
Refunds are in U.S. dollars for half of the original test fee paid. The balance is retained to cover expenses for processing your registration and holding a seat for you at the test center.
- Cash refunds are not available.
- Refunds will not be given if registration procedures were not followed or you failed to present the required identification documents at the test center.
- If you paid by credit/debit card or e-check, the refund will be credited back to the original credit/debit card or bank account.
- If payment was made with a personal check drawn on a U.S. domestic bank, please allow eight weeks for processing.
- If payment was made in non-U.S. funds drawn on a bank outside the United States, please allow 12 weeks for processing.
- Refunds for other services are not available.
Fee Reduction Service
The TOEFL Fee Reduction Service is designed for high school seniors in the United States with financial need who are applying to colleges and universities where TOEFL scores are recommended or required.
Ready to take the
TOEFL iBT® test?
Includes 5 actual past TOEFL iBT® tests, with all audio passages on disc. Also includes the TOEFL® Test Prep Planner. Purchase now >
Get the only official practice test that gives you the experience of taking the real TOEFL iBT® test. Order now >
Practice with the only authentic TOEFL® test prep guide created by ETS. Also available as an eBook. Purchase now >