Cancel or Change Your TOEFL iBT® Test Registration
If you need to reschedule or cancel your registration, you have up to three full days before your test date (not including the day of the test or the day of your request). For example, if your test is on Saturday, you must reschedule or cancel by Tuesday.
The fee to reschedule is US$60 and must be paid before you can reschedule.
You can only reschedule or cancel by one of the methods below:
- Online: Log in to your TOEFL iBT® Profile, click "View Order(s)" on your home page, then click "Modify" or "Cancel" on the Order Summary page.
- By phone: Provide your registration number and full name used when you registered. In the United States, U.S. Territories or Canada: call 1-443-751-4862 or 1-800-468-6335. All other locations, contact your Regional Registration Center.
Note: You cannot reschedule or cancel by mail, email or at the test center.
If you cancel your registration within the three-day deadline, you will be refunded half of the original test fee you paid. No refunds are given for other services.
Refunds are given in U.S. dollars and include taxes as applicable. Cash refunds are not available.
- If you paid by credit/debit card or e-check, the refund will be credited to the original credit/debit card or bank account you used to pay.
- If you paid by personal check drawn on a U.S. domestic bank, allow eight weeks for processing. If payment was made in non-U.S. funds drawn on a bank outside the U.S., allow 12 weeks.
- Refunds for registration vouchers prior to registration are handled by the TOEFL iBT Test Resource Center where they were purchased. Refunds after registration follow standard ETS policies listed here and in the current test Registration Bulletin.
Refunds cannot be provided:
- if the proper registration procedures were not followed
- if the required identification documents were not presented at the test center