Advice for Speaking
Skill: Speaking about Academic Course Content
Performance Level: Good
Score Range: 26–30
- Record yourself and then listen and transcribe what you said.
- Read a short article from a newspaper or textbook. Record yourself summarizing the article.
- Transcribe the recording and review the transcription. Think about other ways to say the same thing.
- Ask a teacher or English-speaking friend to review the transcription and mark any errors.
- Pay attention to your vocabulary and grammar mistakes.
- Correct the errors and check your pronunciation.
- Write down any changes to vocabulary and grammar you think will improve the recording.
Ready to take the TOEFL iBT® test?
Prepare for your TOEFL test with official TOEFL iBT prep wherever you go. Download now
Get the only official practice test that gives you the experience of taking the real TOEFL iBT test. Order now
Practice with the only authentic TOEFL test prep guide created by ETS. Also available as an eBook. Purchase now