The TOEFL iBT® Test: Improving Your Speaking Skills
Advice for Speaking
Skill: Speaking about Academic Course Content
Performance Level: Good
Score Range: 26–30
- Record yourself and then listen and transcribe what you said.
- Read a short article from a newspaper or textbook. Record yourself summarizing the article.
- Transcribe the recording and review the transcription. Think about other ways to say the same thing.
- Ask a teacher or English-speaking friend to review the transcription and mark any errors.
- Pay attention to your vocabulary and grammar mistakes.
- Correct the errors and check your pronunciation.
- Write down any changes to vocabulary and grammar you think will improve the recording.