Advice for Speaking
Skill: Speaking about Academic Course Content
Performance Level: Good
Score Range: 26–30
- Record yourself and then listen and transcribe what you said.
- Read a short article from a newspaper or textbook. Record yourself summarizing the article.
- Transcribe the recording and review the transcription. Think about other ways to say the same thing.
- Ask a teacher or English-speaking friend to review the transcription and mark any errors.
- Pay attention to your vocabulary and grammar mistakes.
- Correct the errors and check your pronunciation.
- Write down any changes to vocabulary and grammar you think will improve the recording.
Ready to take the TOEFL iBT® test?
Includes 5 actual past TOEFL iBT® tests, with all audio passages on disc. Also includes the TOEFL® Test Prep Planner. Purchase now >
Get the only official practice test that gives you the experience of taking the real TOEFL iBT® test. Order now >
Practice with the only authentic TOEFL® test prep guide created by ETS. Also available as an eBook. Purchase now >