The TOEFL iBT® Test: Improving Your Speaking Skills
Advice for Speaking
Skill: Speaking about Campus Situations
Performance Level: Weak
Score Range: 0–9
- Take a conversation class. This will help improve your fluency and pronunciation in English.
- Practice expressing your opinions on general topics with a partner.
- Make a list of several activities you both have participated in. Tell your partner why you enjoyed, or did not enjoy, one of the activities.
- Ask your partner to express his or her opinion about another topic on the list.
- Tell your partner about a short newspaper article you recently read.
- Explain to your partner why you found the article interesting or important. Be sure to include details and examples in your explanation.