Advice for Writing
Skill: Writing based on Reading and Listening
Performance Level: Good
Score Range: 24–30
- Practice listening to lectures and conversations in English.
- Record news and informational programs in English from the television or radio, or download talks or lectures from the internet.
- Listen to these programs and take notes on the important points. Summarize the programs in English.
- Listen to them again to check your notes and summaries for accuracy.
- Practice analyzing reading passages in English.
- Read 2 articles or chapters on the same topic or issue.
- Write a summary of each, and then explain the ways they are similar and the ways they are different.
- Practice combining listening and reading by searching for readings related to talks and lectures you or a friend or a teacher can find.
- Develop your vocabulary, grammar, reading, listening and writing skills through extensive reading and listening in a variety of increasingly challenging academic areas.
- Write summaries and comparisons of what you have read.
- Get feedback from a teacher or friend on your comprehension, language and writing.
Ready to take the TOEFL iBT® test?
Prepare for your TOEFL test with official TOEFL iBT prep wherever you go. Download now
Get the only official practice test that gives you the experience of taking the real TOEFL iBT test. Order now
Practice with the only authentic TOEFL test prep guide created by ETS. Also available as an eBook. Purchase now