How to Cancel Your Scores
When you finish taking the test, you can cancel your scores. Consider carefully before canceling.
- You cannot cancel your scores for one section and have scores for other sections reported.
- If you cancel your scores, they will NOT be reported to you or any institutions.
- Your test fee will not be refunded.
- Canceled scores are not added to your permanent record.
- There is no fee for canceling your scores.
How to Reinstate Your Scores
Canceled scores can be reinstated if your request is received at ETS no later than 60 days after your test date. The fee for reinstatement is US$20. See TOEFL iBT® Fees. Reinstated scores are reported online about three weeks after receipt of your request and payment. Your scores will then be provided to you and your designated institutions.
How to Request a Score Review
You can have the Writing and/or Speaking sections of your test rescored — up to 30 days after you take the test.
- Your scores can be reviewed only once.
- If you want both sections reviewed, they must be done at the same time.
- If the review results in a change in your scores (lower or higher), the revised scores will become your official scores.
- Your scores cannot be reviewed if you have already requested that they be sent to an institution or agency.
- Each section costs US$80. Both sections together cost US$160. See TOEFL iBT Fees for payment policies.
To request a score review, complete the TOEFL iBT Score Review Request Form.
Scores are reported online about three weeks after your request is received.
Ready to take the
TOEFL iBT® test?
Includes 5 actual past TOEFL iBT® tests, with all audio passages on disc. Also includes the TOEFL® Test Prep Planner. Purchase now >
Get the only official practice test that gives you the experience of taking the real TOEFL iBT® test. Order now >
Practice with the only authentic TOEFL® test prep guide created by ETS. Also available as an eBook. Purchase now >