TOEFL® Test Preparation
ETS provides educational tools and products to help students and teachers achieve their academic goals.
ETS provides learning resources that are sold only to institutions.
Resources for Students
Institutions can purchase these products or encourage students to buy them directly.
- TOEFL® Value Packs — Students can save up to 44% on essential TOEFL® products, including The Official Guide to the TOEFL® Test, TOEFL® Practice Online, Engaging English® Reading Service from MetaMetrics®, and additional TOEFL iBT® score reports. Value Packs can be purchased during TOEFL iBT registration or in the ETS Store. Learn more.
- Official TOEFL iBT® Tests with Audio — This TOEFL iBT prep book has five real past TOEFL iBT tests and all of the audio passages on disc. It also includes the TOEFL® Test Prep Planner with a sample eight-week plan to help students prepare for the test.
- The Official Guide to the TOEFL® Test — This bestselling guide has three full-length tests plus hundreds of valuable tips. Available in eBook format, this is the only authentic test preparation guide from ETS, developer of the TOEFL test. It’s a comprehensive all-in-one reference guide to the TOEFL test with skill-building tips to help students do their best.
- TOEFL® Online Prep Course is an online tutorial that helps students build the skills they need for success on the TOEFL test. They get a Personalized Learning Path created by using the results of diagnostic pretests taken at the beginning of each skill section. The Path focuses on the specific skills where the student needs improvement and allows them to complete lessons at their own pace. Post-tests evaluate progress in each skill area. The course helps improve their skills in reading, listening, speaking and writing — the four skills measured on the TOEFL test.
- TOEFL® Practice Online is the only official practice test that gives students the experience of taking the real TOEFL iBT test. Students get same-day scores and performance feedback and can practice anytime — at home, at school, 24/7.
- Engaging English® Service from MetaMetrics® provides targeted reading practice matched to students' reading levels and interests using Lexile® measures, the worldwide standard for matching readers with text. Students can select reading materials at their level as well as set goals and monitor their progress.
Contact your local ETS Preferred Network office for more information on availability in your country.
Among admissions officers surveyed, and who expressed a preference*, four out of five prefer the TOEFL test.
* Source: Survey of 263 admissions officers at U.S. universities, of which 212 accept both the TOEFL test and the IELTS™ test and 152 state a preference.