For assistance in setting TOEFL iBT® scores, email TOEFLNews@ets.org or call 1-609-683-2008.
Helpful Tips for Setting Score Requirements
- Set separate section score requirements as well as a total score requirement.
- Setting high requirements may limit your applicant pool, which means you may be rejecting qualified applicants.
- Setting requirements too low can lead to accepting students who may not have the English-language skills to succeed at your institution.
- Set different test section score requirements for different academic departments.
- Set flexible scores initially.
- Conduct periodic reviews of your score requirements.
- Consider whether English language learning support is available at your institution.
Note: We encourage you to post your TOEFL® Institution Code and TOEFL score requirements on your website.
- Setting Speaking Scores for International Teaching Assistants (Research Memorandum)
- Compare TOEFL Scores to IELTS® Scores
ETS has long been at the forefront of combatting test security concerns. Our strategy is a 3-pronged approach of prevention, detection and communication, which is designed to protect the integrity of test scores.