TOEFL® PBT Test Fees
|TOEFL® PBT Test Fee||US$160|
|Additional Score Reports (per recipient)||US$17 each|
|TOEFL PBT Answer Sheet Rescore||US$25|
|TWE® Essay Rescore||US$50|
|Returned Personal Check||US$20|
Fees are subject to change without notice and do not include Value Added or other taxes.
Forms of Payment
- Credit/debit card — American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®. Any debit/check card branded with one of the five accepted credit card logos can be used. Note: American Express, Discover, JCB and MasterCard are NOT accepted for the following locations: Benin, Cameroon, Cote D'Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Togo.
- Money order/International money order
- Authorization voucher
- Bank draft (internationally)
- Western Union® Quick PaySM — when completing the form, use the following under "Pay To:" Company Name: Educational Testing Service; City Code: TOEFLPROGRAM NJ; Country: U.S.A. You must include the original receipt marked "Agent's Copy" with your form. Copies, facsimiles or receipts marked "Customer's Copy" will not be accepted as valid payment.
- UNESCO coupons (internationally)
- Euro checks drawn on a bank in the same European country as the person writing the check
- Checks made payable to "ETS-TOEFL"
Payment methods are subject to change without notice.
Other Acceptable Forms of Payment
- If paying by personal check, please comply with the following:
- Bank name and address must be preprinted on the check.
- Check must have a preprinted check number.
- Check must have test taker's or payer's name and address. Typewritten names are not acceptable.
- Checks cannot be more than 90 days old when received by ETS.
- Checks and money orders payable in the acceptable currencies listed below must be drawn on a bank in the same country as the currency.
- A US$20 service fee will be charged for insufficient funds.
Acceptable Currencies (All others will be returned.)
Because of conversion to the Euro and changes in banking policies, ETS cannot accept payment in certain currencies. Payments at the prevailing rate of the U.S. dollar may be remitted in the following currencies only:
- British Pound
- Canadian Dollar
- Japanese Yen
Payments made in the currencies listed must be made at the Telegraphic Transfer Selling (TTS) exchange rate of the U.S. Dollar equivalent.
Do not send cash or demand drafts. Receipts for bank checks or money orders are not acceptable. The actual negotiable check or money order must be sent with your request.
A partial refund of half the registration fee is available if you return an unused paper-based test admission ticket. Once you are admitted to the test center, you are not eligible for any refund. Refunds will not be given if you do not follow proper registration procedures and/or fail to present the required ID document(s) at the test center.
To request a partial refund:
Complete the Refund Request Form and send your unused paper-based test admission ticket with the form to:
Educational Testing Service
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151 USA
Your Refund Request Form and admission ticket must be received within 60 days after your test date. Refunds will be in U.S. dollars. If original payment was drawn on a U.S. bank, allow eight weeks for processing. If original payment was made in non-U.S. funds drawn on a bank outside the United States, allow 12 weeks.
Fee Reduction Service
The TOEFL Fee Reduction Service is designed for high school seniors in the United States with financial need who are applying to colleges and universities where TOEFL scores are recommended or required.