Scholarships and Giving: Japan
TOEFL® Scholarship Program in Japan
The TOEFL® Scholarship Program in Japan is open to any student currently living in Japan who will start an undergraduate or graduate degree in 2014 at a college or university listed in the TOEFL® Destination Search.
Six scholarships valued at US$7,000 each.
Japan scholarship funds will be disbursed to winners’ universities in August 2014. Funds can be applied to academic expenses only and will be disbursed after the student has arrived on campus.
To be eligible for a TOEFL scholarship, you must:
- currently be living in Japan
- plan to begin undergraduate or graduate study in 2014 at a university or college listed in the TOEFL Destination Search
- hold a grade point average of 80 or higher on a 100-point scale, or a 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4-point scale
- demonstrate English proficiency with a valid TOEFL test score
- have an outstanding ability to communicate
- exhibit demonstrated leadership skills
- have well-rounded extracurricular activities, including community service
- display innovative ideas as reflected in essays
- complete the official TOEFL Scholarship application and upload your official transcripts by May 28, 2014
Note: Transfer students are not eligible for the TOEFL Scholarship Program in Japan.
Complete your application online. Be sure to upload your transcripts into the system. The deadline for applications is May 28, 2014. Please use program key "TJapan" to access the TOEFL Scholarship application for Japan.
Return to Scholarships and Giving >