The TOEFL® test gives you the data you need to make informed, confident decisions about the English skills of your applicants.
- Centralized, anonymous scoring conducted by both artificial intelligence and multiple human raters ensures scores are fair, objective and without bias.
- A more precise scoring scale offers a more accurate picture of students' abilities.
- Convenient score reporting services like the ETS® Data Manager put the information you need at your fingertips.
- MyBest™ scores allow you to see your applicants' best performance when evaluating their English proficiency.
Learn more about the role TOEFL scores play in admissions decisions for more than 11,000 institutions worldwide.
Become a Score User
Gain access to over a million qualified applicants around the world.
Proficiency is more than just pass or fail. See how institutions use TOEFL scores.
Each institution sets their own TOEFL score requirements. Find helpful tips on how to do so.
Learn how scores correlate to proficiency levels to ensure qualified candidates apply to your institution.
Receive official scores online through ETS Data Manager, via server-to-server feeds, or by mail.
Make sure your TOEFL score requirements are aligned so you don’t miss qualified applicants.
How ETS Scores the TOEFL iBT® Test
Watch this video to learn more about:
- the Speaking and Writing sections of the test
- our approach to rating test taker responses
- the tools we use to rate responses
- how our scoring tools can help students improve their skills