The TOEFL® test offers your students a clear advantage — institutions know that TOEFL test takers have prepared for success and that they're ready for the demands of an English-speaking classroom. That's why the test is accepted by more than 11,000 universities and institutions in over 150 countries. It offers you an advantage as well, a chance to make a real difference in the lives of your students while also advancing your career.
Help Them Succeed
As the world's premier English-language test for study, work and immigration, the TOEFL test helps students get where they want to go. Over 90% of TOEFL test takers surveyed got into their 1st- or 2nd-choice university.1 It's time to put that advantage to work for your students.
- Preferred by more than 80% of Canadian graduate programs.2 And Canadian universities receive more TOEFL scores than all other English-language tests combined.3
- Preferred by 9 out of 10 universities in the United States and accepted everywhere.4
- Accepted by 99% of U.K. universities, including 100% of the prestigious Russell Group® schools.
- Accepted by the top European universities, and the most preferred English-language test in France and Germany.5
- Accepted by 100% of universities in Australia and New Zealand and for all migration visas.
- Widely accepted throughout Asia, including at top universities in mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea and Malaysia.
Support for You and Inspiration for Your Students
With the TOEFL test, you're not just getting a test that offers an accurate, trusted assessment of all 4 English skills — reading, listening, speaking, and writing — the way they're used in a classroom. You're also joining a community that is committed to your success just as you're committed to the success of your students. And you're choosing a program that offers the tools and resources you need, such as:
- free test preparation and other products to prepare your students to do their best
- the Propell® teacher workshop that offers you new techniques and strategies for teaching English
- a toolkit of resources to help you advise your test takers throughout the process
- a library of quick links to videos and other tools so you can easily find the information your students need
Achieve Your Goals and Discover New Opportunities
The TOEFL test advantage isn't just for your students! You can benefit from the work you do with TOEFL test takers as well.
- Develop your career and improve your employment prospects.
- Make a real difference in lives all over the world and watch your students grow and succeed because of your help.
- Gain access to endless teaching opportunities through our global network of test centers.
- Get assistance for your research through our Grants and Awards program.
- Attend conferences and other events to gain and share industry knowledge.
Learn more about the test.
1 Source: Survey of 296 randomly selected university students who took the TOEFL test.
2 Source: Survey of 44 graduate admissions officers at Canadian universities.
3 Source: Survey of 107 admissions officers at Canadian universities.
4 Source: Survey of 94 admissions officers at U.S. universities who accept both TOEFL and IELTS® scores and who expressed a
5 Sources: Surveys of university admissions officers (59 in France and 100 in Germany).