How to Use the TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series
Seven Ways You Can Use the TOEFL ITP Assessment Series in Your Classroom
The TOEFL ITP® tests measure core English skills using 100 percent academic content similar to what is used in actual classroom tasks. This makes the tests an essential tool for:
- Placement in intensive English-language programs requiring academic English proficiency at a college or graduate level.
- Progress monitoring in English-language programs stressing academic English proficiency.
- Exiting English-language programs by demonstrating proficiency in English listening and reading.
- Admissions to short-term, non-degree programs in English-speaking countries where the sending and receiving institutions agree to use TOEFL ITP scores.
- Admissions to undergraduate and graduate degree programs in non-English speaking countries where English is not the dominant form of instruction.
- Admissions and placement in collaborative international degree programs where English-language training will be a feature of the program.
- Scholarship programs, as contributing documentation for academic English proficiency.
TOEFL ITP® Score User Network (SUN)
Over 2,500 institutions in 50+ countries use the TOEFL ITP tests. See our SUN Brochure to view a sample of score user institutions and how they use TOEFL ITP scores.
Start using the TOEFL ITP assessments in your classroom.
The TOEFL ITP tests should not be used in place of the TOEFL iBT® test.
Users of the TOEFL ITP tests are strongly encouraged to carefully explore the most appropriate use of the tests in their instructional context.
Get the information you need about the TOEFL iBT®, TOEFL ITP®, TOEFL Junior® or TOEFL® Primary™ tests.