Sample Response 1
This response was scored 3.
- The story is mostly complete, but lacks some details.
- The delivery is mostly fluid, but there is some noticeable hesitancy and choppiness.
- There are only minor pronunciation errors, for example incorrect word stress on "theater."
- Some minor errors in grammar and vocabulary occur, but do not obscure meaning. For example, "They ask one grandman to where is their seat."
Sample Response 2
This response was scored 4.
- The story is complete and accurate with substantial detail.
- There is only one minor error about the amount of popcorn, but the test taker later corrects this.
- The delivery is generally smooth with a confident rate of speech.
- Grammar and vocabulary are varied and appropriate to the task.
| Previous Sample ResponseNext Sample Response