About the TOEIC® Speaking and Writing Tests
The TOEIC® Speaking and Writing tests are reliable assessments of your students' ability to speak and write in English in the workplace and an important tool you can use to prepare them for success in a competitive global market.
- Workforce Readiness: Prepare students to compete in the competitive global workforce.
- Placement: Determine who has the skills to succeed in school and in business.
- Program Effectiveness: Measure a student’s progress and proficiency in English.
- Program Development: Evaluate the effectiveness of your English-language programs.
- Increase Enrollment: Attract more students who can develop skills to succeed in the workplace.
When the TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests are taken together with the TOEIC® Listening and Reading test, they provide a reliable measurement of all four English language communication skills.
English is the Language of Global Opportunity
With the TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests, you can help your students to communicate successfully across borders and cultures. You can also:
- Build your reputation as a trusted resource for skilled, qualified job applicants
- Attract more high-achieving students who will be recruited by top companies
Nearly 14,000 organizations in 150 countries around the world use the TOEIC® tests. More than seven million tests were administered in 2013. Make sure your students have the competitive advantage and demonstrate the effectiveness of your English-language programs with the TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests.
The TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests are delivered through the Internet and available globally.
Contact your local ETS Preferred Network office for more information about availability in your country.
- Hunter College Relies on TOEIC® Test Scores for Student Placement
- University of Toronto Uses the TOEIC® Test for Placing International Students
- The TOEIC® Test Gives Instituto Profesional DuocUC Graduates an Advantage in the Global Marketplace
Learn how the TOEIC tests are helping Chinese students advance through the interview process (Flash).
Give your students the tools they need to succeed. Learn more >