How the TOEIC Bridge Test Benefits Your Organization
Designed for beginning learners, the TOEIC Bridge test measures the listening and reading comprehension skills used in an international environment. The test provides reliable, valid and consistent test results to assess English-language proficiency. Business organizations, academic institutions and training programs within corporations can use TOEIC Bridge test results to help:
- place students at appropriate English-language program levels
- highlight English-language instruction areas that need improvement
- motivate learners to improve their English-language skills
- measure program and curriculum effectiveness
- determine academic and workplace readiness
Scores from the tests are invaluable tools both for measuring students' progress as well as the effectiveness of a school's or organization's English-language program. As the TOEIC Bridge test can be taken multiple times, the scores provide key benchmarks on how well students have improved.
Through evidence-centered test design, as well as standardized and secured testing procedures, ETS ensures that:
- the test delivers reliable and accurate scores decision makers can trust
- test questions are based on real-world workplace situations
- test scores remain fair and comparable across administrations
The TOEIC Bridge test is mapped to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) on A1, A2 and B1 levels. A mapping study done in 2006 identified the minimum TOEIC Bridge scores corresponding to each level of the CEFR. Minimum scores were identified separately for Listening Comprehension and Reading Comprehension.
For additional information on test availability, or to find out about alternative arrangements for taking the TOEIC Bridge test, contact your local ETS Preferred Network member.