The TOEIC Bridge test focuses on the test taker's proficiency or overall ability to use English. Improvement in proficiency takes time and is generally achieved through a combination of practice and study.
Free Sample Questions
Sample questions are an excellent way to practice for the test and become familiar with its format. Sample questions for the TOEIC Bridge test can be found in the TOEIC Bridge™ Sample Test.
Before taking the TOEIC Bridge test, the test taker should read the TOEIC Bridge™ Examinee Handbook to:
- become familiar with test directions and format
- learn how to mark answers on the answer sheet
- try sample questions in the handbook
Test Preparation Books
For test preparation books in your region and language, contact your local ETS Preferred Network (EPN) member.
Test Preparation Tips
There are several things test takers can do every day to prepare for the TOEIC Bridge test. The more they practice, the easier it gets.
- Listening closely to the words in music, online broadcasts, radio, television and movies in English is a great way to improve their listening skills in English. The more they listen, the more they will understand vocabulary, idioms and expressions. Music helps them acquire the rhythm and stress patterns of spoken English.
- Reading is the best way to improve their vocabulary. English-language reading materials — newspapers, magazines, books and websites — are always available. They should read materials that genuinely interest them and are not too challenging.
- Use the language every day. Each day, test takers should set some time aside to communicate only in English. They should listen, read, speak and write in English every chance they get. The more they use the language, the better they'll become.
- Keep a journal. Test takers should write down what happens in their lives every day. This is a great way to think in English. Reading to themselves and reading out loud helps them listen to how the words sound.
To organize a test session for the TOEIC Bridge test, contact your local EPN member.