Test takers will receive a score report that lists Listening, Reading and total scores in a simple, easy-to-understand format.
- If they took the test through a school or employer, referred to as Institutional Testing Program, the contact person at the organization will receive the score.
- If they took the test independently at a TOEIC Bridge™ public test center, the score will be sent directly to the test taker from the local ETS Preferred Network (EPN) office.
Scores are confidential and released only to ETS, you and/or the sponsoring organization. With the test taker's written permission, public test scores may be given to other organizations.
Intended for internal use only, the roster cannot be used by test takers as an indication of their official score. The score roster is intended to help organizations interpret the scores and includes:
- individual scores (listening comprehension, reading comprehension and total scores)
- scores from the most recent testing session (average score, frequency distribution and range of scores)
- scores from all testing sessions within the same institution
- scores within the client's industry and country
- specialized reports that can be reproduced at the client's request, which may include organizational results for all test takers during a given time period or in certain job categories
Test takers who feel their scores do not accurately reflect their ability in English can contact their local EPN office within three months of the test date. The office will rescore the answer sheet and give the test taker a second score report. If a discrepancy is found between the first and second scores, the office will pay for the rescoring. However, if no discrepancy is found, the test taker may be charged a small fee for rescoring.