Benefits of the TOEIC Bridge™ Test
The TOEIC Bridge™ test is a reliable measurement designed for assessing the English proficiency levels of beginner to intermediate learners, and provides a reliable, valid, and consistent measurement for academic institutions and training programs within corporations. Additionally, the TOEIC Bridge test:
- helps place students at appropriate English-language program levels
- highlights English-language instruction areas that need improvement
- motivates learners to improve their English-language skills
- measures program and curriculum effectiveness
- helps determine academic and workplace readiness
Scores from the tests are invaluable tools both for measuring students' progress as well as the effectiveness of a school's or organization's English-language program. As the TOEIC Bridge test can be taken multiple times, the scores provide key benchmarks on how well students have improved.
The TOEIC Bridge test is mapped to the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference) on A1, A2 and B1 levels. A mapping study done in 2006 identified the minimum TOEIC Bridge scores corresponding to each level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Minimum scores were identified separately for Listening Comprehension and Reading Comprehension.