Quality and Fairness
ETS is committed to the highest standards of quality and fairness. We invest substantial time and resources in reviewing every test and every test question, making sure that each adheres to our stringent fairness guidelines.
Every member of the ETS staff responsible for writing and reviewing test questions undergoes extensive training in our fairness review process. Our dedication to fairness and equity in testing is embodied in these publications:
- ETS Standards for Quality and Fairness
- ETS Guidelines for Fair Tests and Communications
- ETS International Principles for Fairness Review of Assessments
- Constructed-Response Guidelines
- Guidelines for the Assessment of English Language Learners
- Guidelines for the Assessment of English Language Learners — helping ensure fairness and validity in assessment (Flash)
- Guidelines for Best Test Development Practices to Ensure Validity and Fairness for International English-Language Proficiency Assessments
- How ETS Works to Improve Test Accessibility
Note: This file is also available as an accessible electronic document.