The WorkFORCE® Assessment for Job Fit is delivered via ETS's robust web-based system, which does not require additional software or hardware and supports all major browser and operating systems. The assessment can be taken on a PC, Mac® or iPad® device any time of the day within the test expiration window. You have total flexibility to test by individual or by group in a proctored or nonproctored setting from any preferred location, such as your office, the candidate’s home or a library. The assessment is also compatible with all major screen-reading software for users who are visually impaired.
Available in more than 18 languages, the assessment is formatted as outlined below:
|Administration method||Nonproctored or proctored as determined by client; on- or off-site administration|
|Test length||15–20 minutes (up to one hour allowed)|
|Test item types||Forced-choice statements|
To successfully run the assessment online, test takers will need a computer that supports the following configurations:
- Display Monitor: Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 is required
- Supported by the following types of connections: LAN with DSL or better; Wireless Network
- Web Browser Support: Internet Explorer® 11+; Chrome™ 30+; Firefox® 27+; Safari® 7; Edge 12 and above
- Operating System: Windows® 7; Windows 8; Windows 10; Mac® OS X® 10.9+; Android™ 4+ (Ice Cream Sandwich and above)
Note: Issues may occur when utilizing technical platforms and systems other than these platforms.
For questions or issues related to setup of the testing location, test-day activities and procedures, testing policies or interpretation of scores, contact your local ETS Preferred Network representative or email email@example.com.
Test-taker friendly design
To take the assessment, the test taker simply clicks on the WorkFORCE Assessment for Job Fit link, logs in and then follows clear instructions to complete the assessment.
- Candidates are asked to complete a background information questionnaire. The information is for research purposes only and is not used for scoring purposes.
- Candidates then answer a series of questions.
For each question, the test taker is asked to select which of two statements is more like him or her. The choices presented are objectively equally attractive, and the test taker cannot jump to the next question without answering the current question. This forced-choice format makes it difficult for test takers to fake their response.
- After the last question, the test taker is asked to take a short post-assessment survey, which is also used for research purposes only.
Although the assessment typically takes only 15–20 minutes, the test taker has up to one hour to complete it. The timer starts once the test taker sees the first question.
Interested in the WorkFORCE Assessment for Job Fit?
Contact us for information on how to get started with WorkFORCE assessment solutions that help you identify and develop the best talent.
Other WorkFORCE Assessment recruiting products:
Efficient, accurate and easy to administer and use, this assessment helps you find candidates who have the basic cognitive skills needed for a particular job.
Sign-up to receive periodic emails with news and information about the WorkFORCE Assessments program.