Advanced Placement® (AP) Readers evaluate and score AP students' free responses, ensuring that high school students receive AP grades that accurately reflect college-level achievement in a specified discipline.
Each year in June, high school teachers and college faculty from around the world gather across the United States to participate in locations onsite, as well as to score online from home. During the AP Reading, Readers will:
- exchange ideas and experiences, as well as build friendships with a network of high school teachers and college faculty.
- score exam responses from AP high school students, with opportunities to score exams online from home (some subjects).
- learn to apply a rubric consistently, which provides valuable knowledge for scoring their own students' essays back in the classroom.
- get compensated for training and scoring. Expenses, meals and lodging are also covered for Readers who travel to a Reading site.
- earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours (PDHs).