The CBAL® summative assessments in the English language arts and in mathematics have been piloted in upper elementary, middle school and high school grades, as well as in college and university developmental courses, in schools in 40 states. Over the last several years, the CBAL formative assessments have been administered in:
- West Allis-West Milwaukee (WI) School District
- Waukesha (WI) STEM Academy
- Carteret (NJ) School District
- Camden (NJ) LEAP Academy
- Cherry Hill (NJ) Township Public Schools
- Lawrence Township (NJ) Lawrence Intermediate School
- Newark (NJ) Brick Academy
- North Brunswick (NJ) Township Public Schools
- Pennington (NJ) Toll Gate School
- Portland (Maine) Public Schools
In addition, schools located in West Virginia, Kentucky and Texas have participated in CBAL piloting.
If your school or district is interested in becoming a CBAL pilot site, please contact us at RDWeb@ets.org.
Learn about the CBAL Language Arts learning progressions and their relationship to the Common Core State Standards (Flash, 4:49).
Get an overview of the CBAL research program, including how the CBAL assessment prototypes are being used in the classroom (Flash, 8:02).