The following provides an overview of how to request accommodations. For a complete explanation of the accommodations request and registration process, see the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs for the appropriate program.
Step 1: See a list of some common testing accommodations
Look at the list of commonly requested testing accommodations to determine which accommodations you will need. If an accommodation you need is not listed, you may enter it under "Other" on the Testing Accommodations Request Form in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs for the test you are taking.
Step 2: Review the Information or Registration Bulletin
Review the Information or Registration Bulletin for the test you are planning to take to see program policies, tests offered, test dates, fees and payment policies, identification requirements and other important information.
Note: If you are using a screen reader, we recommend you use Adobe® Reader® or Adobe Pro® to complete the forms in the Bulletin Supplement.
Step 3: Check your testing format
Check your testing program's website to get information about which format of the test is offered in your area so you can determine what format you will be taking: paper-delivered or computer-delivered.
- GACE® website
- GRE® website
- HiSET® website
- ParaPro Assessment website
- Praxis® website
- School Leadership Series website
- TOEFL® website
Step 4: Complete the Registration Form
Complete the appropriate Registration Form in your program's Bulletin.
Step 5: Complete the Testing Accommodations Request Form
Complete the Testing Accommodations Request Form in the appropriate Bulletin Supplement.
Step 6: Obtain disability documentation
Obtain disability documentation from your evaluator or doctor, if needed.
Step 7: Submitting your request to ETS
Requests for testing accommodations may be submitted via mail or email. Be sure to include all documents listed below. An incomplete application will cause a delay in processing your request.
Instructions for Submitting Requests Via Mail
Include the following documents:
- the appropriate registration form from the Bulletin and/or program website for the test that you will be taking
- Testing Accommodations Request Form
- disability documentation, including Parts 1, 2 and 3 of the "Guidelines for Documentation of Blindness and Low Vision in Adolescents and Adults," if applicable
- the appropriate test fee
- Important note about payment: If you prefer to submit your payment online, do not include credit card information on your registration form. Once your application has been received, you will be sent an email with instructions regarding payment options.
Send all completed forms and documentation to:
- ETS Disability Services
P.O. Box 6054
Princeton, NJ 08541-6054 USA
- Courier Service:
- ETS Disability Services
225 Phillips Boulevard
Ewing, NJ 08618-1426 USA
Instructions for Submitting Requests Via Email
Requests for testing accommodations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not submit requests to the Customer Service email (email@example.com). Requests submitted to that email address will not be processed.
To submit your request via email, follow these steps:
- Download and print the appropriate registration form for your program.
- Download the Bulletin Supplement and print the Testing Accommodations Request Form.
- Complete all documents.
- Scan the registration form, the testing accommodations request form and disability documentation (if required).
- Attach all documents to the email.
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Information Bulletin and Bulletin Supplement for your testing program to successfully request accommodations and register.