When you accept GRE® scores for your MBA, specialized master's in business or doctoral programs, you have access to an even bigger, more diversified pool of highly qualified applicants. That’s because hundreds of thousands of individuals worldwide take the GRE® General Test each year. And according to a recent survey, 3 out of 4 GRE test takers intending a graduate degree in business, did not take or plan to take another business school admission test.1 To maximize your applicant pool, be sure that GRE test takers know that you accept GRE scores and view them equally with other admission tests. Here's how:
Promote Your GRE Scores Acceptance Policy and Clearly Convey "No Preference"
Put yourself in the mindset of a prospective applicant; then check the admission test message you are expressing in your communications.
- Review your website, brochures, viewbooks, presentations, emails and other communications. Check that you are leaving no room for doubt, and instead are clearly and consistently conveying that your program welcomes GRE scores AND weighs them equally to scores from other business school admission tests.2
- Tip: Link your digital communications to ets.org/gre so your prospective applicants can easily find all the details they need to register and prepare for test day. Download this graphic and link it to the GRE website. Don’t forget to mention your official GRE Institution Code. If you don’t have one, become an official GRE score user now so you can start sharing it with future applicants.
- Communicate your GRE scores acceptance policy to:
- staff and alumni who answer questions on the telephone, online or in the field.
- your undergraduate faculty, Career Services Center, and other staff who may advise undergraduates about graduate or business school. Encourage them to download and print promotional materials from the GRE Advisor Kit so they can display GRE flyers or posters in their offices.
- Make sure your school is listed in the following resources and that your listing is correct. Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org if changes are needed:
Use the GRE® Search Service to Recruit Prospective Applicants
The GRE® Search Service is a powerful, one-of-a-kind database of more than 500,000 individuals worldwide who have demonstrated graduate-level readiness through their GRE test performance. As a GRE score user, you can select from among 30+ criteria to cost-effectively tap into the GRE applicant pipeline to reach prospects who have opted in and want to hear from programs like yours. Request access today!
Submit Your Recruitment Events to Appear on GRE Social Communities
Reach hundreds of thousands of prospective graduate and business school students — and their friends — by publicizing your school's recruitment events on the official GRE General Test page on Facebook®, Weibo® and WeChat. Simply submit your event information at least 45 days prior to your event date, and we'll post your event for you.
Not an Official GRE Score User Yet? Become One Today!
It's easy to start receiving official GRE scores for your business school programs, and even easier if your institution already accepts GRE scores for master's and doctoral programs in other disciplines. Simply complete this online application. If you have questions, a GRE Academic Advisor can assist you. Learn why your MBA program should accept GRE scores.
1 Results from a survey of 566 GRE test takers who took the GRE General Test between October 1 and December 31, 2016 and whose eventual graduate degree objective is an MBA or Specialized Master's in Business.
2 According to the findings of Kaplan Test Prep’s Business School Admission Surveys and ETS GRE Score-User Satisfaction Survey, most business schools do not have a preference for one admission test over another.
- Data Confirms GRE® Scores are Valid Predictors of Success in MBA Programs
- Frequently Asked Questions about the GRE General Test for Business School
- Free Official GRE Resources for Advising Students
- Join the GRE institution mailing list
Recruit qualified applicants for your programs
GRE test takers want to hear from you. Select from 30+ search criteria to reach the ones who are right for your program. Only with the GRE Search Service.
Learn more about GRE Search Service >
The most comprehensive GRE data released to date to help you with your recruitment and admission plans.
A must-have for any program using GRE scores. Includes best practices, GRE score interpretation data and more.