Upcoming Events and Webinars
Best Practices in GRE® Score Use
May 20, 2021 at 1:30 p.m. ET
Using and Interpreting GRE® Scores in Law School Admissions
December 4, 2020
Whether you already accept GRE® scores or you are considering acceptance for a future admissions cycle, this panel discussion with enrollment professionals who are seasoned GRE score users is for you.
The panel discusses:
- GRE scores use advice for first-time users
- establishing GRE scores requirements for your program
- weighting each section score in the admissions process
ETS and the GRE® Program: An Open Conversation with Law Schools
January 19, 2021
As the GRE® General Test continues to strengthen its use in law school admissions, ETS is committed to engaging with law schools, providing insight into the empirical basis for the test's efficacy in law school admissions, and to explore the ways in which ETS can support the law school community.
- Learn about the GRE General Test, including its content, format and validity, and GRE score-use best practices.
- Discover steps you can take to support your school's strategic objectives for recruitment, admissions and financial aid decisions with the use of GRE test scores.
- Gain insights into the process of having GRE test scores verified under the standards established by the ABA® Council on Legal Education from those that have done it.
- Listen to the Q&A session with panelists, and submit questions to team directly.
About the Panelists
David Payne, former Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of ETS's Global Education Division, and Julie Shurts, Associate Director, Global Higher Education at ETS, share an overview of ETS and the GRE Program, and the GRE General Test, including its content, format, validity and GRE score use best practices.
Moderated by Daniel Rodriguez, Harold Washington Professor and Dean Emeritus at Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law and Strategic Advisor for Legal Education with ETS, the distinguished panel of law professionals share how they use GRE scores to support their school's strategic objectives for recruitment, admissions and financial aid decisions. Each panelist has had GRE scores verified under the standards established by the ABA Council on Legal Education. The panel features Robert (Bobby) Ahdieh, Dean & Anthony G. Buzbee Endowed Dean's Chair, Texas A&M University School of Law; Eulas Boyd, Dean of Admission, Brooklyn Law School; and Cristina Gapasin Tortal, Assistant Dean for Admissions & Student Financial Services, University of California Irvine School of Law.
Providing Choice for Law Schools
View the benefits of accepting GRE scores for law school admissions, how to become a score user and other resources. Learn more about the benefits of accepting GRE scores for law school admissions
- GRE a valid predictor of law school success in lieu of LSAT®
- GRE® Test Enables Law Schools Greater Access to a Wider Range of Applicants
- Submit Your Recruitment Events