The Conference of Southern Graduate Schools (CSGS) and Educational Testing Service (ETS) jointly sponsor this annual award given to a CSGS member school in recognition of outstanding contributions in practices from graduate admissions through degree completion.
To encourage, recognize and reward excellence and innovation in domestic and international graduate education at both the graduate school and program level. Applications may relate to any facet of the graduate education process, including outreach, recruitment, selection and admission, retention, and degree attainment. For example:
- increasing the diversity of applicants to graduate programs including the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines
- using technology to communicate with and attract prospective applicants in new and effective ways
- increasing the number of international students who seek an education at your institution
- demonstrating success in enhancing the quality of the entering class
- improving retention of students in your programs
- programmatic efforts to improve degree completion
Any CSGS member institution or graduate program within a CSGS member institution is eligible for the award. Only one application will be accepted from a given graduate school. The internal institutional selection processes are the responsibility of the Dean of the Graduate School or comparable official.
Awarded annually, each award consists of:
- a certificate of award
- a $2,500 award to the winning graduate program or school for graduate recruitment, admissions or retention programs
- public recognition at the annual meeting of the Conference of Southern Graduate Schools
|Year||Academic Institution||Winning Submission|
|2014–2015||Auburn University||Programs to Recruit, Enroll and Retain Latino Students as well as Women in the STEM Disciplines|
|2013–2014||University of Louisville||Alternative Academics and Scholars in the Workplace: Preparing Graduate Students for Diverse Career Options|
|2012–2013||University of South Carolina||Presidential Fellowship program|
|2011–2012||Auburn University, Department of Kinesiology||Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU) Graduate Recruitment Visitation Program|
|2010–2011||University of Georgia||CONNECT – Interactive Database for Prospective Students|
|2009–2010||University of Central Florida||Data Mining, Predictive Modeling, and Recruiting Targets at UCF|
500,000+ prospects who have demonstrated graduate-level readiness — reach them now! Only with the GRE Search Service.
Access the free, official GRE Advisor Kit!
A must-have for any program using GRE scores. Includes best practices, GRE score interpretation data and more.
Get the latest news about GRE tests and services delivered right to your inbox.