MAGS/ETS Award for Excellence and Innovation in Graduate Education
The Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools (MAGS) and Educational Testing Service (ETS) jointly sponsor this annual award given to a MAGS member school in recognition of outstanding contributions in practices from graduate admissions through degree completion.
To encourage, recognize and reward excellence and innovation in domestic and international graduate education at both the graduate school and program level. Applications may relate to any facet of the graduate education process, including outreach, recruitment, selection and admission, retention, and degree attainment. For example:
- increasing the diversity of applicants to graduate programs including the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines
- using technology to communicate with and attract prospective applicants in new and effective ways
- increasing the number of international students who seek an education at your institution
- demonstrating success in enhancing the quality of the entering class
- improving retention of students in your programs
- programmatic efforts to improve degree completion
Any MAGS member institution or graduate program within a MAGS member institution is eligible for the award. Only one application will be accepted from a given graduate school. The internal institutional selection processes are the responsibility of the Dean of the Graduate School or comparable official.
Awarded annually, each award consists of:
- a certificate of award
- a $2,500 award to the first place winning graduate program or school for graduate recruitment, admissions or retention programs
- public recognition at the annual meeting of the Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools
In addition, MAGS will fund awards for second place at $500 and for third place at $250.
|Year||Academic Institution||Winning Submission|
|2014–2015||University of Minnesota||Resilient Communities Project (RCP)|
|2013–2014||Miami University||The Dublin School Leadership Program|
|2012–2013||Loyola University, Chicago||Mastering The Humanities: Growing, Diversifying, and Sustaining Humanities Education|
|2011–2012||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign||Transforming the Illinois Graduate Education Pathway|
|2010–2011||Eastern Illinois University||First Choice Graduate Programs Initiative|
|2009–2010||University of Missouri||Increasing Enrollment of Vietnamese Graduate Students at the University of Missouri|
500,000+ prospects who have demonstrated graduate-level readiness — reach them now! Only with the GRE Search Service.
Access the free, official GRE Advisor Kit!
A must-have for any program using GRE scores. Includes best practices, GRE score interpretation data and more.
Get the latest news about GRE tests and services delivered right to your inbox.