Before you begin the registration process, review the checklist below to familiarize yourself with the various policies and procedures, available services and registration options.
- Check the test fees.
- Read the reschedule and cancellation policies.
- Read and understand the ID requirements. You are responsible for bringing valid and acceptable ID when you report to a test center, and it must match the first and last name you used when creating your account and registering for your test.
- Decide when you would like to take the test.
- Create an ETS account to get the most up-to-date test center information. Not all test centers are open on all dates. Watch a quick video on how to create your ETS account.
- Determine which graduate institutions or fellowship sponsors you want to receive your scores. As part of your test fee, you can designate up to four score recipients.
- If you prefer to send score reports later or want to send score reports to more than four recipients, you can send additional score reports for a fee.
- Learn about the FREE GRE® Search Service which allows graduate, business and law schools, fellowship sponsors and other organizations that participate in the service to communicate with you about admissions, scholarships, fellowships and other educational opportunities. You will have the option to sign up for the Search Service when you register for the GRE® General Test. You can also sign up to participate in the GRE Search Service at any time in your ETS account.
- Watch a quick video on how to register for a GRE test.